There are tons of posts on blog ideas for makeup, food, travel, gardening, lifestyle, books, etc, but how about B-to-B. I’m running 2 blogs and have only been doing this a little over a year, so I’m still learning, but here are some B-to-B blog ideas that seem to work well:
- Help customers get the most from whatever you are promoting…that’s adding value! How-to’s, videos, step-by-step, webinars, complimentary products that work well with yours, etc. These are really good for B-to-B…either do some of the above yourself or help direct people to good content you know is already out there.
- Current Trends: latch on to what’s hot. Sometimes pushing B-to-B is hard, associate yourself with something trending to make it more fun…Comic Con, a hot App, new Star Wars movie, etc. No idea what’s hot, just look on the left hand page of the Twitter home page for hot trends for the day and jump in
- Similar to the above, use Annual or Weekly Events and relate them to your product or service: Elvis’ Birthday, St. Patty’s, #TacoTuesdays, etc…it’s endless. Sometimes it helps to map it out. It’s then easy to jump into the social media hype over that topic when that day hits…build out your content so you are ready ahead of time and then hit up social media when everybody’s eyes are watching your topic
- Show how you failed: everybody wants to know they aren’t the only ones with struggles…these can be huge hits, even bigger than victories as showing someone what not to do is hugely helpful! Sometimes people also just like to hear somebody else is a bigger failure than they are… #FAILURE
- Mentioned it above but review or mention complimentary and/or non-competitive products: reciprocal help for both of you to grow traffic…reach out and see if they will return the favor. All B-to-B marketers need help to get traffic, reach out and find a friend.
I’m still working at getting better at all of the above.
No matter what, focus on the quality of your content. Also, what do you want, just lots of traffic, specific customer traffic, or just to ramble? All are fine, but be relevant to the audience you are going after..
Help a brother out…What are your favorites?
Here are some other links with some great ideas as well:
Five Post Ideas for Your Business Blogby Krista Stevens (@wordpress)
60 Blog Post Ideas For Entrepreneurs, Marketers, And Businesses (@bloggingwizard, @elnacain)